He spent all of 2009 pitching for a Oakland A’s farm team. From the Greeley Tribune-
Greeley police arrested former major league pitcher Shawn Chacon on Monday night on a felony warrant for suspected unpaid gambling debt in Las Vegas.
Police received an anonymous tip at 7:57 p.m. Monday that Chacon was at Highland Park Lanes, 1900 59th Ave. in Greeley, and that tip led to his arrest soon after, according to police reports.
Chacon was taken to the Weld County Jail, and bail was set at $165,125.
The arrest comes after Chacon was wanted in connection with three bad checks written to Caesars Palace in March, each for $50,000, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
Chacon was a standout athlete at Greeley Central High School before being drafted by the Colorado Rockies in the third round of the 1996 draft. He made the Major League All-Star team in 2003 before being traded to the New York Yankees in 2005. After his stint with the Yankees, Chacon went on to pitch for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Houston Astros.
The story of Shawn Chacon is a sad one. He was once a promising pitcher, now his career and personal life appear to be in ruins.
- NJ Nets Sean Williams arrested for trespassing
- No. Colorado Backup punter may have stabbed starter
- Rockies Continue Hot Streak in Win Over Devil Rays
- Evil Empire Invades Coors Field
- 2007 NBA Thug Convention
- Former MLB Pitcher Jose Lima Dies At 37
- He swings a pretty good bat too
- Browns DB Kenny Wright jailed
- Rockies Take Down The Red Sox
- Former MLB Pitcher Hal Manders dead at 92
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed