He has a partially torn right rotator cuff. From ESPN-
Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith has been placed on injured reserve and is out for the season, the team said Wednesday.
Smith has a partial tear of the right rotator cuff, a source told ESPN.com’s John Clayton on Tuesday. He was said to be deciding whether to have shoulder surgery and was expected to meet with doctors on Wednesday to weigh his options.
Smith has been with the Steelers (3-2) longer than any current player except wide receiver Hines Ward and defensive back Deshea Townsend. He is one of the keys to their 3-4 alignment and is often cited by teammates as being the most underrated player on what was the NFL’s top defense the last two seasons.
Smith has 13 tackles and two sacks in five games and blocked a field goal attempt during the Steelers’ 13-10 victory over Tennessee on Sept. 10. He also is one of the Steelers’ primary run stoppers.
The loss of Smith is definitely a blow to Pittsburgh. I still think they will make the playoffs this year.
- Steelers Re-sign Townsend
- Lions Shaun Rogers Suspended for OTC Drugs
- Former NFL Defensive End Dwight White dead at 58
- Maria Sharapova wins Toray Pan Pacific Open
- Jevon Kearse Out for Season with Knee Injury
- Atlanta Falcons hire Mike Smith to be head Coach
- Chicago Bears sign LB Pisa Tinoisamoa
- Jets Cut Ty Law, Jay Fiedlers and Other Veterans
- P Mike Hampton has a torn rotator cuff
- Cowboys Trade LB Shanle to Saints for 4th Rounder
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed