After missing all of training camp, four preseason games, and four regular season games, how much impact can you expect from the Texas Tech hold out? From ESPN-
After months of holding out, wide receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to a contract with the San Francisco 49ers.
The deal, first reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, was confirmed by 49ers spokesman Bob Lange in a text message to The Associated Press early Wednesday.
Crabtree will get a six-year deal that he can void to five years if he meets undefined performance clauses, a league source told ESPN’s Michael Smith.
The 22-year-old Crabtree is expected to report to the team’s training facility Wednesday.
More on Crabtree
Sando ESPN.com’s Mike Sando breaks down the implications of the Michael Crabtree signing for the 49ers and rest of the NFC West. Blog
â€¢ Blogs: NFC West | NFL Nation
Crabtree and agent Eugene Parker met into the early-morning hours Wednesday with 49ers owner Jed York, general manager Scot McCloughan and Paraag Marathe, vice president of football operations. The two sides had gone almost three weeks without talking.
San Francisco selected Crabtree with the 10th pick in this year’s draft and could use the wideout’s game-breaking ability in the passing game. That said, he has a lot of catching up to do to learn the offense after missing all of training camp.
He also sat out the 49ers’ offseason minicamps and organized team activities while recovering from a foot injury, but was a regular presence for rehabilitation and strengthening workouts at the team’s training facility.
The supposed reason for Crabtree’s late signing, was that he wanted more money than Darrius Heyward-Bey who was selected ahead of him in the NFL draft. That’s not how rookie salaries are worked in the NFL and therefore the holdout.
Now Crabtree and the 49ers have come to terms. Someone should teach the NFL’s newest player about humility. Then again it would probably be a waste of time.
- SF 49ers QB Alex Smith has broken shoulder, probably out for 2008
- San Francisco 49ers fire coach Mike Nolan
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #10- San Francisco 49ers- WR Michael Crabtree
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #7- Oakland Raiders- WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
- Jason Taylor and The Miami Dolphins- The end of the road?
- Cincinnati Bengals sign WR Antonio Bryant
- NFL Trade: Lelie to Falcons, Duckett to ‘Skins, Pick to Broncos
San FranciscoSanta Clara 49ers
- Broncos Trade 1st Rounder to 49ers for 2nd and 3rd
- Matt Leinart Signs with Cardinals
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed