It is his 3rd win of the 2009 season. From AP-
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel has won Formula One’s Japanese Grand Prix to revive his championship hopes.
Vettel finished ahead of Toyota’s Jarno Trulli and McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton in Sunday’s race at Suzuka.
Drivers’ championship leader Jenson Button of Brawn GP was eighth, a place below teammate Rubens Barrichello. Brawn GP needs just one point in the remaining two races to clinch the constructors’ championship.
In the drivers’ championship, Button’s lead over Barrichello was cut by one point to 14, with Vettel just two points further back.
The final two GP races of 2009 are Brazil in two weeks and Abu Dhabi on November 1st.
Like so many Formula One races, the order of finish was pretty much predetermined before hand. Pre-race penalties to Button and Barrichello dropped those drivers to well back on the grid and left them with little chance today.
- Rubens Barrichello wins the Italian Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel wins Chinese Grand Prix
- The reign in Spain- Jenson Button wins Spanish Grand Prix
- Jenson Button wins the Monaco Grand Prix
- Kimi Raikkonen wins his 4th Belgian Grand Prix
- Turkish delight- Jenson Button wins a sixth 2009 Formula One race
- Mark Webber wins the Brazilian Grand Prix
- Rubens Barrichello wins the European Grand Prix
- Mark Webber wins the British Grand Prix
- Formula One to use new points system
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed