This news comes two days after he missed two field goals in a narrow Tampa Bay loss.
Mike Nugent’s career with the Bucs was much like his wayward field-goal attempts â€” long enough and no good.
The Bucs released Nugent on Monday, one day after he missed two field goals in the Bucs’ 16-13 loss to the Redskins.
The Bucs replaced Nugent with former Colts kicker Shane Andrus, who worked out for the team Monday along with former Seahawks kicker Brandon Coutu.
Andrus signed as an undrafted free agent with the Colts in 2006. He spent the preseason with Indianapolis and kicked off in the first regular-season game before being released.
I think we can safely mark Mike Nugent down as a draft bust. His less than stellar kicking that led one of the worst NFL teams to release him, I think makes a rather strong case for just that.
- Arizona releases K Mike Nugent
- Colts Go Back to Baltimore, Beat Ravens 15-6
- NY Jets sign former Miami Dolphin placekicer Jay Feely
- Vinatieri has Broken Bone in Non-Kicking Foot
- Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot Kicker, Key to Cowboys’ Hopes
- Cowboys End Colts’ Undefeated Season
- Vinatieri Signed by Colts
- Vanderjagt Kicks 50-Yarder in Cowboys Debut
- Cowboys Cut Mike Vanderjagt
- Cowboys Sign Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot, Liquored Up Kicker
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed