The victims were basketball players from Israel. From AP-
Police say $22,000 in cash and valuables were stolen from a visiting Israeli basketball team during an exhibition game with the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.
Lt. Albert Gavin says somebody apparently got into the locker room Tuesday and stole watches, jewelry and $15,000 in cash from 10 members of Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv.
Gavin says the team noticed the theft during halftime of Maccabi’s 108-96 loss.
Gavin says police weren’t notified of the theft until after the game and weren’t able to get statements from the victims.
Locker rooms at many sporting facilities are under heavy guard. Could this robbery been an inside job?
- Makes no cents at all- Chicago Blackhawk Patrick Kane charged with robbery
- San Diego St. Arena Evacuated Over Bomb Scare
- Former Texas A&M Basketball player Kevin Widemond dead at 23
- No return- Georgia Tech beats North Carolina 62-58
- Pot shots- At least two Tour de France riders shot by BB gun during race
- Mike Singletary dropped pants at halftime to make point to 49ers
- Florida Marlin Pitcher Dontrelle Willis arrested for DUI
- Cardinals’ Tony La Russa arrested on DUI charge
- 2007 NBA Thug Convention
- Russian figure skater Andrei Luti charged with DUI
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed