The previous mark of 123 had only been established earlier this year. From AP-
Troy Matteson had never shot a 61 until this week. Now he’s done it twice in a row to set a PGA Tour record.
His second straight 9-under round at the Frys.com Open on Saturday gave him a three-shot lead at 16-under 194 heading into the final round.
Matteson’s 122 score in consecutive rounds broke the tour record of 123 set this year by Steve Stricker in the third and fourth rounds of the Bob Hope Classic.
Ron Streck shot 124 at the Texas Open in 1978. I don’t recall if anyone else equaled that mark before Stricker broke it.
Streck won in Texas but Stricker failed to bring home the Hope. Matteson, who won the Frys in 2006, I predict to win tomorrow.
- PGA Tour player follows double eagle with a hole-in-one
- Mark Calcavecchia sets PGA Tour record with 9 straight birdies
- Daniel Chopra wins first PGA Tour event of 2008
- Former PGA Tour player Mike Souchak dead at 81
- Steve Stricker wins the Deutsche Bank Championship
- Tiger Woods wins his fiftieth PGA tour event
- Corey Pavin sets PGA 9-hole scoring record
- Roberts fires USGA-record 62 at Senior Open
- Phil Mickelson tied for US Open lead after three rounds
- Tiger Woods misses cut at Quail Hollow Championship
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed