The Carolina Hurricanes have signed veteran goaltender Manny Legace to a one-year, $500,000 deal, general manager Jim Rutherford said Monday.
The Hurricanes lost starting goalie Cam Ward to injury Saturday for at least a month.
Legace, a 10-year NHL veteran with the Los Angeles Kings, Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues, has played six games with the AHL’s Chicago Wolves this season, logging 317 minutes while going 2-2-1 with a 3.21 goals-against average.
He last played in the NHL for the Blues last season.
At this point in his life, Legace is a mediocre backup Goalie at best. The Canes better hope Leighton picks up the slack or this season will grow even worse than one that already features a eleven game streak without a win.
- NHL Goalie suffers hip injury after tripping on carpet for Sarah Palin
- Hard to believe- Philadelphia routs Carolina 6-1
- Carolina Hurricane Goalie Cam Ward taken to hospital with a cut in his leg
- Nashville Predators trade Goalie Chris Mason to St. Louis
- Washington Capitals activate G Theodore, Demote NHL rookie
- The dumps- Carolina lose 10th in a row, Florida Panthers wins 3-0
- Minnesota Wild sign G Wade Dubielewicz
- Under Way- Carolina Hurricanes defeat Minnesota 4-3
- Slap shot- Carolina beats NJ 2-1 in overtime
- That 70′s show- Florida outfights Philadelphia 4-1
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed