No, it wasn’t for lousy play. From ESPN-
Browns quarterback Brady Quinn has been fined by the NFL for his chop block on Baltimore’s Terrell Suggs.
A league source tells ESPN’s Michael Smith that an MRI exam showed Suggs suffered a severe MCL sprain from Quinn’s chop block on Monday night. There is no definitive timetable for Suggs’ return, but he is expected to miss at least the next couple weeks, the source said.
Quinn said he received a letter from the league on Wednesday but would not disclose the size of his fine, saying only that it was “a good amount.” Quinn insists he was not trying to hurt Suggs and has apologized to him and the Ravens.
The Ravens were fuming over the hit, during the Ravens’ 16-0 win on Monday night, as it could cost Suggs significant playing time while Baltimore attempts to remain in playoff contention.
IMHO, the Ravens are justified in being angry about Quinn’s block. It was a chop block and he deserves to be fined for it.
I think you will agree with me when I say- This has been a flat out awful year for the Cleveland Browns.
- Brady Quinn holding out on the Cleveland Browns
- Terrell Suggs files grievance against Ravens
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- Cleveland Browns go back to Derek Anderson as starting QB
- Cleveland Browns sign QB Jake Delhomme
- Shooting blanks- Baltimore Ravens beat Cleveland 16-0
- QB Brady Quinn out for the year with a broken finger
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #22 – Cleveland Browns – QB Brady Quinn
- Browns QB Anderson sprains left MCL, likely will be done for season
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed