Papers please and then I’ll take your cash. From AP-
Soccer authorities in Cyprus say all fans will need to show state identity cards to buy tickets for domestic league matches in a bid to curb violence at games.
Wednesday’s announcement follows weekend clashes between fans of rival Nicosia clubs APOEL and Omonia that left a 20-year-old man critically injured.
The Cyprus Football Association says ID card numbers will be printed on tickets starting late this month as a means of identifying hooligans and enforcing banning orders.
I seem to recall how photo identification was proposed by some American officials aways back. Also as a means of protecting the public. How well did that policy work on September 11, 2001?
- Kansas Charges Babies to Watch Games
- NFL to Miami Dolphin Season Ticket Holders- Screw you
- Magic Offers Refund to Fans Who Bought ‘Billy Donovan’ Tickets
- Blacked-out NFL games to be available online
- Florida Marlins put unused perfect game tickets on sale
- Judge rules MLB baseball statistics are public
- PGA Tour cut policy revised….again
- Breaking: Pacman Jones and Chris Henry Suspended
- Reggie Bush Wears #5 Jersey for Trading Card Photo
- Cowboys Consider Time Share Tickets
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed