Jackie Moore, a 28-year-old assistant women’s basketball coach at Eastern Illinois, has died.
The university says Moore died Wednesday night at a hospital after collapsing as she started a workout.
School spokesman Rich Moser says doctors said Moore’s heart “just stopped.” Moser says an autopsy is planned.
Moore was in her third season at the school. She graduated from Christian Brothers University in Memphis, Tenn., in 2005 and was from Windsor, Ontario.
- Eastern Illinois Asst. Coach Jeff Hoover dead at 41
- University of Memphis football player shot dead
- Bo Schembechler, Michigan Coaching Legend, Dead at 77
- Steve Moore, 3 Years Later
- Samford University basketball player Jim Griffin dead at 23
- Report says Vancouver coach ordered attack on Steve Moore in 2004
- Former NBA player Glen Gondrezick dead at 53
- Carolina Panthers sign QB Matt Moore
- Former UAB and NBA Basketball player Alan Ogg dead at 42
- Memphis Slammed, Calipari Skates Again
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- OTB Sports linked with Eastern Illinois Asst. Coach Jeff Hoover dead at 41...