He had been the Panthers Offensive line coach for three years. RIP.
Note- Just a little under a month ago, Eastern Illinois Assistant Basketball Coach Jackie Moore, died from a heart attack.
A coroner says an assistant football coach for Eastern Illinois has died following a car crash that happened as he returned home from a game.
The team had a playoff game against Southern Illinois earlier Saturday. Effingham, Ill., county coroner Leigh Hammer confirmed early Sunday that offensive line coach Jeff Hoover was killed in the accident.
Athletics spokesman Rich Moser had said a coach, staff member and family had been traveling back home from the game when the car apparently swerved to avoid a deer.
Hoover was in his third season as Eastern Illinois’ offensive line coach. He had previously worked at Portland State University, Henderson State and UC Davis.
- Former Missississippi State Coach Paul Davis dead at 87
- Eastern Illinois assistant basketball coach Jackie Moore dead at 28
- Former NFL DT Norman Hand dead at 37
- Steve Howe Killed in Car Crash
- Andre Waters, Former NFL Defensive Back, Dead at 44
- Former UF Baseball Coach Dave Fuller dead at 94
- Jimbo Fisher to Join Saban at Alabama?
- Former MLB player Jim Leyritz charged with DUI manslaughter
- Saban Continues Building Staff: Fisher Out, Applewhite In?
- Long-time NFL Coach Joe Bugel announces his retirement
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed