It was the college coaching debut for FIU’s Isiah Thomas. From AP-
Isiah Thomas lost his coaching debut at Florida International on Wednesday night when Northwood, an NAIA school coached by Rollie Massimino, beat the Panthers 71-61 in an exhibition game.
Thomas, the Basketball Hall of Famer and most recently coach of the New York Knicks, faced Massimino, who coached Villanova to the 1985 NCAA title and is entering his fourth season at the West Palm Beach, Fla., school.
Lester Hunte scored 18 points for Northwood, while Patrick Horstmann had 13. Jay Duncan scored seven of his 10 points in the final minutes as Northwood pulled away.
Losing to a little known(I didn’t even know Northwood fielded a basketball team and the school is less than 15 minutes from my home) technical is not an auspicious start for FIU. The real season begins for the Panthers with a game against North Carolina on November 9th. Thomas will be lucky to lead FIU to 10 wins this year.
- Banging my head against the wall- Florida blows 3-1 lead and loses to Edmonton
- Former NY Knick coach Isiah Thomas headed to FIU?
- How about those 0-5 Miami Heat
- The last blow(out)- Atlanta Hawks eliminate Miami Heat 91-78
- Florida International University hires Isiah Thomas
- Knicks Might Fire Larry Brown
- #9 Georgetown holds FIU to 38 points, wins 76-38
- Streaks- Oklahoma City beats New Jersey 105-89
- New York Knicks fire Larry Brown
- NY Knicks fire coach Isiah Thomas
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed