It was the Buccaneers first win of 2009. From AP-
Wearing one of those ghastly creamsicle jerseys that are an ugly reminder of Tampa Bay’s past, rookie Josh Freeman gave the struggling Buccaneers plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the future.
The third quarterback selected in this year’s NFL draft led the previously winless Bucs to a 38-28 victory over the Green Bay Packers in his first start Sunday, ending the league’s longest losing streak at 11 games.
Playing with poise that belied his inexperience, Freeman passed for 205 yards and three touchdowns, including a 7-yard throw to Sammie Stroughter on fourth-and-4 for the go-ahead TD with under 5 minutes to play.
Freeman’s selection by Tampa Bay was much maligned by NFL experts last spring. One game doesn’t prove those people wrong, but I’d be hopeful if I was a Bucs fan. The fans of a a team likely to go 3-13 this year has to some kind of hope to cling to.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers place RB Ernest Graham on Injured Reserve
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers fire Coach Jon Gruden
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cut WR Dexter Jackson
- Seattle Seahawk Kevin Hauser hospitalized with collapsed lung
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 6 #3- Tampa Bay- P Brent Bowden
- Mad for Chad- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 31-27
- Cleveland Browns trade tight end Kellen Winslow to Tampa Bay
- Backup power- Miami Dolphins beat Carolina Panthers 24-17
- Jake Plummer to Retire Rather than Go to Bucs
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade DE Gaines Adams to Chicago
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed