The previous mark was set 49 years ago. From AP-
Yankees designated hitter Hideki Matsui has driven in six runs in Game 6 against the Phillies to tie Bobby Richardson’s record for most RBIs in a World Series game.
Matsui hit a two-run homer in the bottom of the second, a two-run single in the third – both coming off Philadelphia starter Pedro Martinez – and a two-run double off J.A. Happ in the fifth inning on Wednesday night to give New York a 7-1 lead.
Richardson accomplished the feat for the Yankees on Oct. 8, 1960, in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Yankees are up 7-3 with two outs in the ninth inning. It’s looking like the Yankees will win yet another World Series and this NY Met fan isn’t happy. My wife is rooting for the Yankees too!
- Yankees end losing streak with big night from Arod
- World Series hero Dusty Rhodes dead at 82
- Over managed- Los Angeles Angels beat NY Yankees 4-3 in 11 innings
- Yanks win series as Jeter’s homerun beats Boston
- Former NY Yankee catcher Johnny Blanchard dead at 76
- Tampa Bay Rays earn spot in World Series
- Yanks score 38 runs in two games
- Former NY Yankee pitcher Tom Sturdivant dead at 78
- Bullpen wastes Arod’s big game
- Roy Halladay throws second no-hitter in postseason history
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed