He suffered the injury in a game last night against the New Jersey Devils. From AP-
Oft-injured New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek is out for the season with a knee injury.
The 33-year-old Martinek tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee on Friday night in the third period of a 2-1 loss at New Jersey, the Islanders said on Saturday.
Martinek was helped off the ice with about 5:45 to play after he was hit hard against the boards in front of the Devils bench by Zach Parise.
The Islanders are thin at defenseman but a team relying on a player at Martinak should have a backup plan in mind. Radek Martinek’s greatest consistency as a player is his ability to get injured.
- NY Islander Jack Hillen to miss 6-8 weeks due to a broken jaw
- New Jersey Devils fire coach John MacLean
- NY Islanders forward Doug Weight out six weeks with MCL sprain
- He’s back- Martin Brodeur and NJ Devils shutout Colorado 4-0
- Atlanta Thrashers trade Ilya Kovalchuk to New Jersey
- Tampa Bay-New Jersey game postponed after some lights in the arena fail
- Slap shot- Carolina beats NJ 2-1 in overtime
- St. Louis Blues Defensemen injured in golf cart accident
- NJ Devils hire Jacques Lemaire to be head coach
- Devil of a time- Minnesota beats New Jersey 2-1
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed