Hawkeye starting Quarterback left the game with an injury also. From AP-
Dan Persa threw a touchdown pass and Marshall Thomas recovered a fumble for another touchdown, and Northwestern snapped Iowa’s 13-game winning streak with a 17-10 victory on Saturday.
Iowa had been the masters of the fourth-quarter comeback until Saturday’s loss, rallying to win their previous four contests when trailing to start the final period.
It was the first win over a top-10 opponent for the Wildcats (6-4, 3-3 Big Ten) since knocking off then-No. 6 Ohio State 33-27 in overtime in 2004.
Iowa (No. 4 BCS, No. 8 AP) lost quarterback Ricky Stanzi to an apparent ankle injury early in the second quarter. Freshman James Vandenberg was just 9 of 27 for 82 yards filling, and couldn’t lead the Hawkeyes (9-1, 5-1 Big Ten) to any points after Stanzi left the game.
Call me a prophet if you want, but I had a feeling after their close call against Indiana that Iowa would lose a game prior to bowl season.
- Pocketful of Miracles- Iowa beats Indiana 42-24
- 2010 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament- March 18th
- Throw it away- NY Jets beat Carolina Panthers 17-6
- Colt McCoy Ties Record for Freshman TD Passes
- Revenge of the Nittany Lions?
- Iowa State hires Auburn’s Paul Rhoads
- Westbrook off the Right End
- Out of time- Chicago beats Minnesota 36-30
- Auburn to name Iowa State’s Gene Chizik as football coach
- Minnesota Vikings’ CB Charles Gordon Suffers ‘Gruesome Injury’
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed