He also stole a car shortly after taking part in the Skate America competition. From AP-
Police said Russian figure skater Andrei Lutai stole a car and drove it while drunk after finishing 10th overall in the Skate America competition in Lake Placid.
Police said the car was stolen from a service station lot late Sunday night. A garage employee followed the car and called police.
Sgt. Carol Hayes said officers pulled over the 23-year-old Lutai, of St. Petersburg, a few minutes later.
Police have charged Lutai with grand larceny, criminal possession of stolen property, unauthorized use of a vehicle and aggravated driving while intoxicated.
In other skating news, Yu-Na Kim won the female portion of the Skate America competition. She remains the heavy favorite to win the gold at next year’s Olympics.
- Teen posed as reporter at Shea Stadium
- Miami Dolphins DE Randy Starks charged with aggravated battery
- New Orleans DE Bobby McCray arrested for DUI
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- BYU Track Star arrested
- Former MLB player Jim Leyritz charged with DUI manslaughter
- He swings a pretty good bat too
- Slow speed chase- Miami Heat’s Carlos Arroyo arrested after traffic violation
- Shaquille O’Neal chases down hit and run driver
- Thief steals $22,000 during NBA exhibition game
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed