He has only nine receptions so far for the 2009 NFL season. From ESPN-
The San Diego Chargers have waived veteran wide receiver Chris Chambers.
Chambers must clear waivers in order to play for another team. Each team will have chance to claim him by 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Chargers coach Norv Turner said the Chargers released Chambers because of the emergence of Malcom Floyd and the need to sign a linebacker because of an injury to Tim Dobbins on Sunday. If another team claims Chambers, the Chargers won’t have to pay the $2.25 million they owe him.
Chambers had one catch for 20 yards Sunday against Oakland. He has only nine catches for 122 yards and one touchdown this season.
The Chargers acquired Chambers from the Miami Dolphins in 2007. Would Miami be interested in Chambers services? The rumors have already begun. Miami has a young and inexperienced receiving corps. If I were Dolphins management, I’d sign Chambers.
- Miami Dolphins trade WR Chris Chambers to San Diego
- Oakland Raiders agree to 1-year deal with WR Ashley Lelie
- Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall sets NFL catch record
- Miami Dolphins trade WR Greg Camarillo to Minnesota
- Basement to the Penthouse- Miami wins the AFC East with 24-17 win over NY Jets
- How about them 6-4 Miami Dolphins?
- Miami Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo out for the season
- Two many happy returns- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 30-25
- Backup power- Miami Dolphins beat Carolina Panthers 24-17
- Is Randy McMichael about to be traded?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed