Serbian President Boris Tadic faces a fine for allegedly drinking champagne at a stadium with his sports minister and the head of the soccer federation.
Judge Zoran Pasalic said Tuesday the three are requested to appear in court on Dec. 1.
Drinking alcohol at and around sports venues is illegal in Serbia and fines range from $150 to $1,500.
Police filed misdemeanor charges against all three officials after photos were published of them holding glasses filled with champagne after Serbia’s 5-0 victory over Romania last month in World Cup qualifying.
You can turn off the snark now.
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy sues accuser, witness for defamation
- Oregon RB LaMichael James arrested on domestic violence charges
- Browns DB Kenny Wright jailed
- Florida A&M Basketball coach charged with stalking
- Makes no cents at all- Chicago Blackhawk Patrick Kane charged with robbery
- Tank Johnson Suspended One Game
- Charges dropped against four coaches and officials related to New Mexico HS hazing incident
- Cincinatti Bengals cut Chris Henry
- Pranksters play hard ball with soccer fans
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed