The last time the Midshipmen won back to back games in South Bend was when I was two years old. From AP-
Navy did it to Notre Dame again — and this loss to the Midshipmen is even more costly.
Craig Schaefer sacked Jimmy Clausen in the end zone with 60 seconds left Saturday and Navy held on for a 23-21 victory, its second straight at Notre Dame Stadium.
No. 19 Notre Dame (6-3) scored with 24 seconds left on a 31-yard pass from Jimmy Clausen to Golden Tate to cut the lead to two, but the ensuing onside kick went out of bounds.
The win sends Navy into the Texas Bowl and effectively ends any hope Notre Dame (6-3) had for a Bowl Championship Series berth.
Notre Dame last went to a BCS Bowl game in 2006 and this year’s team I didn’t think was worthy of that high a game before today’s loss. Losing to Navy is nothing to be ashamed of, but a top college football team shouldn’t be defeated by a service academy.
- Navy beats Notre Dame in triple overtime
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #16- Carolina- QB Jimmy Clausen
- Navy agrees to play in 2013 Bowl game
- Navy runs by Wake Forest 13-10
- Navy, North Texas combine for 94 1st-half points
- Navy promotes Ken Niumatalolo to head football coach
- Former Notre Dame and NFL football player Jack Zilly dead at 88
- Notre Dame fires coach Charlie Weis
- Army fires football coach Stan Brock
- Charlie Weis Notre Dame Buyout $21 Million
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed