The Saints go to 8-0. From AP-
The New Orleans Saints moved to 8-0 for the first time in club history Sunday when Drew Brees overcame two early turnovers to pass for 330 yards and a touchdown in a comeback 30-20 victory over Carolina 30-20.
While the Saints’ defense did not intercept a pass for the first time all season, the unit forced three turnovers on fumbles. The last produced New Orleans’ seventh defensive touchdown of the season on Anthony Hargrove’s strip, recovery and 1-yard return late in the fourth quarter.
DeAngelo Williams rushed for 149 yards and two TDs, and Carolina gained 182 on the ground. However, it was Williams’ fumble at his 1 with just more than 2 minutes left that led to New Orleans’ clinching TD.
I watched parts of this game plus the Saints wins against Miami and the New York Giants. Their offense looks almost unstoppable. Can they go 16-0?
The next two games for New Orleans are against St. Louis and Tampa Bay, two of the worst teams in the NFL. After that comes a game against New England. I think the well balanced Patriots will stop the Saints march to perfection.
- Backup power- Miami Dolphins beat Carolina Panthers 24-17
- Where are my heart medications? Miami Dolphins beat Minnesota 14-10
- Ugly finish- Carolina beats New Orleans 23-10
- Very Bad- New Orleans Saints blow out Oakland Raiders 45-7
- Blown away by the Brees- New Orleans beats Miami 46-34
- New Orleans Saints cut RB Deuce McAllister
- 14-0= Indianapolis beats Jacksonville 35-31
- Close one- Miami beats Jacksonville 14-10
- New Orleans Saints sign veteran QB Joey Harrington
- Two many happy returns- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 30-25
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed