Today’s win was only the second for New York since October began. From AP-
Darrelle Revis returned one of the Jets’ four interceptions 67 yards for a touchdown and New York overcame an injury scare to quarterback Mark Sanchez before holding on to beat the Carolina Panthers 17-6 on Sunday.
Thomas Jones had a 3-yard touchdown run as the Jets (5-6) won at home for the first time since beating Tennessee in Week 3. New York also kept its slim playoff hopes alive by sending Carolina (4-7) to its second straight loss.
Sanchez left for four plays in the third quarter with an apparent injury to his left leg that at first looked serious. After being worked on by trainers, Sanchez tested the leg and returned for the next series.
It’s still early, but my gut tells me Matt Sanchez is going to be the next disappointment at Quarterback for the New York Jets. For over 30 years the franchise has been seeking the next Joe Namath. Richard Todd, Ken O’Brien, Chad Pennington, and now Sanchez were drafted in pursuit of that goal. Sanchez may prove me wrong, but at the moment he looks more Art Woodall than Broadway Joe. The Jets were the team of my youth, and I still pull for the team(except when they play Miami. Then my loyalties are divided)but I’m pessimistic at present. Too many draft disappointments make a fan that way and Sanchez’s passer rating of 61.1 don’t help either.
- Chad Pennington Named Jets No. 1 QB
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #4 – New York Jets – OT Dâ€™Brickashaw Ferguson
- Not pretty at all- NY Jets beat Buffalo 19-13
- Brady Quinn a Safe Pick
- NY Jets release QB Chad Pennington
- Jets Cut Ty Law, Jay Fiedlers and Other Veterans
- NFL Draft 2009 – Round 1 #5 – NY Jets by the way of Cleveland – QB Mark Sanchez
- Carolina QB Jake Delhomme has a broken finger
- Miami Dolphins acquire QB Tyler Thigpen from Kansas City
- Miami Dolphins release QB John Beck
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- OTB Sports linked with Carolina QB Jake Delhomme has a broken finger...
Comments are Closed