He hit a fire hydrant near his Orlando Florida home early Friday morning. From the Orlando Sentinel-
Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.
Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor’s property, FHP reported.
Alcohol is not related to the accident, FHP said.
Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.
A Health Central hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.
Hippa prevents hospitals from giving out patient information. I’ll update the post when more information is made available.
Update- Woods agent says he is fine.
- Washington Redskins Safety Sean Taylor shot at home
- Tiger Woods accident story- Will it ever be reported right?
- San Diego Chargers draft WR Demetrius Byrd with the #224 selection
- Kentucky Derby Champ Barbaro on the Mend
- Chris Simms has spleen removed
- Police have no report of Carl Pavano’s auto accident
- Oklahoma WR injured in car crash
- F1 driver Felipe Massa’s skull fractured in freak accident
- Oh Crap – Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident
- Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry dead at age 26
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74