Will the Nets win a game before 2010 begins? From AP-
The New Jersey Nets were pounded into NBA infamy Wednesday night, falling 117-101 to the Dallas Mavericks for their 18th straight loss to start the season.
The Mavericks made 17 of 19 shots and opened a 27-point lead in a nearly flawless second quarter, burying the Nets early in former New Jersey captain Jason Kidd’s second trip back to his old home.
The Nets passed the 1988-89 Miami Heat and 1999 Los Angeles Clippers, who both dropped their first 17 games. New Jersey’s next chance to end the streak comes Friday at home against Charlotte.
The Bobcats aren’t a good team(7-10). There is hope yet for New Jersey.
- New Jersey’s Jason Kidd wants a trade
- Don’t just stand there- NJ Nets fire coach Lawrence Frank
- Finally- NJ Nets beat Charlotte 97-91
- Ticking clock- Miami beats New Jersey 99-89
- Crushed- Charlotte beats Miami 104-65
- Streaks of one- Miami beats New Jersey 87-84
- New Jersey Nets newest fan promotion- free tax preparation
- One at a time- Washington defeats New Jersey 81-79
- New Jersey Nets to play games in Newark starting with the 2010-11 season
- Streaks- Oklahoma City beats New Jersey 105-89
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed