Hauck, who coached the University of Montana Grizzlies from 2003-2009, replaces Mike Sanford who was fired last November 16th.
Incoming UNLV coach Bobby Hauck says he’s excited about generating enthusiasm for football and building a winning program, but he doesn’t know how long it will take for his team to reach his goals.
Hauck said Wednesday as he was introduced by the university that enthusiasm for his team will come if it’s worth watching.
The Board of Regents was set to approve Hauck’s contract in an afternoon meeting.
UNLV President Neal Smatresk says the three-year contract will pay Hauck $350,000 annually, with some pay deferred and incentives for winning, bowl games and helping student-athletes graduate.
Anyone familar with the history of football at UNLV knows Hauck faces a difficult task in making the Rebels competitive. No UNLV football coach has ended his tenure at the school with a winning record in over 30 years.
- UNLV fires Football coach Mike Sanford
- Lane Kiffin named TN Vols head football coach
- Alabama Signs Mike Shula Through 2012
- Miami Fires Larry Coker
- New Mexico head coach Mike Locksley suspended for one game
- UCF ties up O’Leary through 2015
- Michigan State Hires Cincy’s Mark Dantonio
- Big 12 hoping for more lenient bowl requirements
- Hawaii reaches financial agreement with former football coach
- Penn State coach Joe Paterno given three-year extension
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed