It will be the Tour’s first visit to the Caribbean in 20 years. From AP-
The LPGA will be trying out a new format in Jamaica next year called â€œRaceway Golf,â€ which organizers hope will appeal to the purists and attract new fans to golf.
The Mojo 6 has a $1 million purse and will be held April 15-16 at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course in Montego Bay, the first time in two decades that the LPGA has an event in the Caribbean.
Suzann Pettersen, Paula Creamer and Christina Kim already have signed up for the event.
Raceway Golf pits 16 top players against each other in a series of six-hole matches. On the first day, each player has three six-hole matches to accumulate points. The top eight players advance to the second day and compete in single-elimination, with three matches required to win.
A full field event would have more ideal than a gimmicky invitational. Then beggars can’t be choosers.
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- Mother Superior- Catriona Matthew wins the Women’s British Open
- Torrey Pines to host 2009 LPGA tournament
- The ADT Championship after one day
- The 2009 LPGA season begins today
- ADT Championship Day two- The Carnage
- 2008 LPGA Tour Preview
- ADT Championship Sunday- 18 holes for a million dollars
- US Solheim Cup team- White women only need apply?
- ADT Championship notes
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed