A former 7th round pick out of Florida, McCray is currently in his second season playing for the Saints. From AP-
New Orleans Saints defensive end Bobby McCray was arrested early Tuesday and charged with driving while intoxicated and other counts, police said.
Police spokesman Gary Flot says McCray, 28, was stopped by an officer who saw him speeding about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. He was booked into Orleans Parish Prison on charges of driving while intoxicated, speeding, careless operation of a motor vehicle and not having his vehicle registration with him.
A jail spokesman said McCray was released on his own recognizance around 7 a.m.
McCray refused to take a Breathalyzer test, police spokesman Janssen Valencia said.
“You have the right to refuse the test, but it has consequences,” Valencia said. “Those include arrest and losing your license.”
I’ve never understood how a country that has a constitutional ammendment protecting those accused of a crime from incriminating themselves, then penalizes those who refuse to incriminate themselves. Which is what a person refusing a Breathalyzer test is doing. Does anyone else see the paradox?
- Formula One star Lewis Hamilton banned from driving in France
- Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson arrested
- Russian figure skater Andrei Luti charged with DUI
- Miami Dolphins DE Randy Starks charged with aggravated battery
- Slow speed chase- Miami Heat’s Carlos Arroyo arrested after traffic violation
- New York Jets WR Braylon Edwards arrested for drunk driving
- Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch arrested on gun charge
- Florida Marlin Pitcher Dontrelle Willis arrested for DUI
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- Lions Assistant Suspended for Nude, Drunk Driving
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed