The right handed pitcher only appeared in one MLB game during the 2008 and 2009 seasons. From AP-
The New York Mets have signed right-hander Kelvim Escobar to a one-year contract.
The team announced the deal on Monday. He was expected to get $1.25 million.
Escobar, an 18-game winner in 2007, missed nearly all of the past two seasons with the Los Angeles Angels because of shoulder trouble. If healthy, he would likely work out of the bullpen for the Mets, who are looking for setup help for All-Star closer Francisco Rodriguez.
Signing a pitcher with Escobar’s health history is always risky. Since it’s only a one-year low priced contract, I think the gamble the Mets are taking is worth a shot.
- NY Mets sign Francisco Rodriguez to 3-year deal
- Reitsma and Seattle Agree on Deal
- Smoltz to Return to Closer Role?
- Mets and Reliever Schoeneweis are Close to 3yr Deal
- Angels, Shields Agree To $14.6M Extension
- Washington signs reliever Matt Capps
- NY Met Pitcher Johan Santana out for the year
- Chicago Cubs trade OF Milton Bradley to Seattle
- Alex Ovechkin signs 13-year contract with the Washington Capitals
- Atlanta Braves sign Reliever Billy Wagner
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed