The well traveled winger currently leads his team in assists. From AP-
New York Rangers top-line forward Vinny Prospal is recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery that will keep him out for at least 10 days, and maybe up to three weeks.
Prospal, in his first season with New York, was injured Saturday night in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime loss to the New York Islanders. The surgery took place on Monday morning.
In 38 games this season, while playing alongside NHL goal leader Marian Gaborik, the 34-year-old left winger has eight goals and 32 points. His 24 assists are tops on the Rangers and 19th best in the league.
Prospal’s 8 goals is third on the Ranges only to Gaborik and Ryan Callahan. As New York is struggling offensively, the loss of Prospal has to be rated as significant. The Rangers play 6 games in the next 10 days, which is the shortest time frame for Prospal’s return.
- Florida Goalie Tomas Vokoun gets no respect
- Minnesota Wild Marian Gaborik scores five goals vs. NY Rangers
- Ottawa’s Deny Heatley may miss six weeks due to shoulder injury
- Five-time NHL All-Star Markus Naslund retires
- NHL Left Winger Gary Roberts announces his retirement
- Edmonton Oiler Ales Hemsky out for the season
- Veteran NHL C Mike Sillinger retires
- Atlanta Thrashers sign Noah Welch and Anthony Stewart
- Hall of Fame Hockey player Clint Smith dead at 95
- Montreal Canadiens acquire Mathieu Schneider from Atlanta Thrashers
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed