Seven points in their last 4 games has brought the Panthers back to .500(14-14-7). From AP-
Michael Frolik scored with 1:21 left to lift the Florida Panthers to a 4-3 victory over the Atlanta Thrashers on Wednesday night.
Stephen Weiss, Radek Dvorak and Bryan McCabe also scored for Florida, and Tomas Vokoun stopped 19 shots.
Ilya Kovalchuk, Nik Antropov and Vyacheslav Kozlov scored for Atlanta, which overcame a three-goal deficit to tie the game in the third.
Johan Hedberg made 25 saves for Atlanta.
On the winning goal, Frolik poked in a rebound, putting the puck high in the net.
Tonight’s win was a reversal of the game that saw Goalie Tomas Vokoun get hurt. In that game Atlanta scored late to win. Panther announcer Billy Lindsay termed today’s game ‘revenge’.
I’d certainly call the game a Alka Seltzer affair because of Florida blowing a 3-0 lead. At this moment the Panthers are some how tied for the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. I’m still not a believer the Panthers can make the playoffs in 2010.
- The Magic Man- Florida beats Atlanta 1-0
- To hell with them- Florida beats New Jersey 4-2
- Outdueled- Florida Panthers beat Buffalo 6-2
- That 70′s show- Florida outfights Philadelphia 4-1
- Record win- Florida beats Minnesota 3-2
- Florida Goalie Tomas Vokoun suffers head injury
- Shark Bait- Florida beats San Jose 3-2
- Malaise- Calgary beats Florida 2-1
- The incredible Tomas Vokoun
- Florida’s 6-3 win over Boston puts them one point out of division lead
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed