He was two catches away from the milestone entering today’s game between the Buffalo Bills and Atlanta Falcons. From AP-
Terrell Owens is the sixth player in NFL history to catch 1,000 passes.
Owens reached the milestone with an 8-yard catch for Buffalo in the second quarter of Sunday’s game against the Atlanta Falcons. He had a 10-yard catch from Brian Brohm, making his first start, earlier in the drive.
Owens entered the game needing two catches to reach 1,000 for his career, which began in 1996. He reached the milestone in 203 games. Only Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice reached 1,000 career receptions in fewer games.
As of the time I wrote this blog post, Falcon TE Tony Gonzalez has 996 career receptions.
I remember when the NFL career reception record was a little over 600. That is the basis for the following trivia question. Who is the NFL player who has the highest yards per catch for a receiver with over 600 career receptions? The answer is below the fold.Answer- Don Maynard, who played in the NFL from 1958 to 1973 and was a favorite target of Joe Namath when both played for the New York Jets.
- Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall sets NFL catch record
- Kansas City Chiefs trade TE Tony Gonzalez to Atlanta
- Former NFL TE Dan Ross Dead at 49
- Terrell Owens Breaks Finger, Out 2-4 Weeks
- Cowboys Sign WR Terry Glenn to Contract Extension
- Terrell Owens Playing with Torn Tendon on Right Hand
- Dallas Cowboys release WR Terrell Owens
- Cowboys Win Wild Game Despite Six Romo Turnovers
- Falcons Sign 46-Year-Old Morten Andersen
- Chipper Jones Gets 2000th Hit
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed