The 25-year-old is a NHL rookie. From AP-
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson has returned to Toronto and is scheduled to see a cardiac specialist.
Gustavsson’s return Wednesday came a day after he was taken to the hospital with an elevated heart rate following the first period of Toronto’s 3-0 victory over the Montreal Canadiens.
Toronto took the precautionary move Tuesday night because the Swedish rookie needed minor heart surgery during training camp following a similar incident.
Toronto general manager Brian Burke said the Leafs are “just being ultra-cautious.”
Gustavsson was seen at a Montreal hospital and released. Cautious is good. There are some heart ailments(like a aneurysm) or a defective heart valve that offer few symptoms. I know, last year I had Open Heart Surgery for both of those. MLB third baseman Aaron Boone had valve replacement surgery earlier this year. Athletes are not immune from undiagnosed heart ailments.
- Toronto Maple Leafs trade Goalie Justin Pogge to Anaheim
- Five Russian Hockey league players found to have heart defects
- Toronto Maple Leafs center Mikhail Grabovski arrested
- Boston Celtics GM Danny Ainge suffers a heart attack
- NHL Hall of Famer Ted ‘Teeder’ Kennedy dead at 83
- NFL considering mandatory echocardiograms
- Marcus Giles Has Heartburn, Not Heart Disease
- Samford University basketball player Jim Griffin dead at 23
- Ron Wilson becomes new Toronto Maple Leafs coach
- Aaron Boone back playing minor league baseball 5 months after having heart surgery
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed