The last time New York last won 4 or more games in a row was 2006. From AP-
The New York Knicks were making shot after shot, ready to go down the stretch with the New Orleans Hornets.
Turned out, they didn’t have to. The Hornets pretty much took the last five minutes off.
Al Harrington scored 28 points and the Knicks scored the game’s final 18 points to beat the Hornets 113-96 on Friday night.
“Our defense was horrible,” Paul said. “We’ve had a few games where our defense was good, but not tonight, and it was obvious we couldn’t buy a shot.”
Before the Knicks closing streak, the two teams were only separated by one shot. I’m guessing New Orleans got demoralized after the Knicks ran off 8-10 points and gave up. Pro athletes are human, when life or a sports game isn’t breaking our way, we lose interest.
With the win, the Knicks improved to 8-15. This recent winning streak has probably made Coach Mike D’Antoni’s job a little more secure. But for how long?
- Boston Celtics win 14th in a row, beat NO 94-82
- Who forgot the D? New Orleans beats Golden State 135-131
- Record rout- Dallas annihilates New York 128-78
- Denver Nuggets match most lopsided win in NBA playoff history
- Streaks- Oklahoma City beats New Jersey 105-89
- Can anyone here play this game? Golden State beats Detroit 95-88
- Oklahoma City Thunder fire coach P.J. Carlesimo
- Former U of Cincinnati and NY Knick Center Paul Hogue dead at 69
- Oklahoma City Thunder rescind Tyson Chandler trade
- NY Knick Nate Robinson not benched for shooting at the wrong basket
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed