I won’t make any hot wisecracks*. Only because I can’t think of any at this time. From AP-
A van carrying equipment for the Minnesota Wild caught fire on Friday afternoon and left the team scrambling ahead of its Saturday game against the Ottawa Senators.
The fire occurred in the parking lot of Scotiabank Place, where the van had been driven following the team’s afternoon practice at a neighboring facility.
“It was a five-minute drive,” head equipment trainer Tony DaCosta said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Firefighters took care of the flames, which were located in the back of the van. Police said there were no injuries.
“There was a fire in an equipment van in the parking lot at Scotiabank Place this afternoon. No one was injured, but some of the Minnesota Wild’s hockey equipment was damaged,” the team said in a statement. “The Wild is in the process of taking inventory to determine the damage to the equipment.”
The team said that goaltender Nicklas Backstrom’s equipment was destroyed.
Minnesota and Ottawa are scheduled to play on Saturday. The game is on according to the Wild’s website.
*- OTB Sports readers are free to make their own jokes.
- The show must go on- Ottawa beats Minnesota 4-1
- Minnesota Wild release Winger Petr Sykora
- Ducks, Senators Advance To Stanley Cup 2nd Round
- Minnesota Wild Marian Gaborik scores five goals vs. NY Rangers
- Home New Home- Calgary beats Minnesota 5-2
- Record win- Florida beats Minnesota 3-2
- Boston Bruins send RW Chuck Kobasew to Minnesota
- Vancouver Canuck Rick Rypien assaults fan
- Minnesota Wild coach Jacques Lemaire to retire
- Browns DB Kenny Wright jailed
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- OTB Sports linked with The show must go on- Ottawa beats Minnesota 4-1...
Comments are Closed