What member or members of the IOCC pissed off mother nature? From AP-
The ski resort that will host freestyle and snowboarding events at the Vancouver Games is closed because of rain and warm temperatures.
The closure renews concerns about the mild climate during next month’s Olympics.
Soft snow conditions bordering on dangerous forced the cancellation of a men’s and women’s World Cup parallel giant slalom last winter.
But Tim Gayda, vice president of sport for the Vancouver Olympic Games Organizing Committee, said both artificial and natural snow has been stockpiled.
It was so cold here in South Florida last Saturday night-Sunday morning, that if the clouds let loose, we may have seen snow flurries for the second time ever. It’s raining in Canada now, what is wrong with that picture?
The Canadian government is also spending 9 million dollars on weather forecasting equipment. We all know that no mistakes are made when forecasting the next day’s weather? NOT!
I do think the Olympics in Vancouver will be a success. Just call this some late morning snark.
- Wie backs Korean 2014 Games bid
- Beijing claims profit on Olympic hosting
- 2016 Summer Olympic Games could be the last, says Tokyo governor
- Greece Olympic committee acknowledges poor judgment in case of torchbearer
- Snow delays kickoffs of Ravens-Bears and Eagles-49ers games
- Snowstorm forces postponement of Atlanta-Washington NBA game
- Yu-Na Kim wins World Figure Skating Championship
- Former Olympic champion Bob Mathias dead at 75
- North Korea blames South for lack of progress on joint Olympic team
- IOC strips Marion Jones of 5 medals
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed