He is a winner of 13 Champions Tour events since 2007. From AP-
Professional golfer Jim Thorpe has been sentenced to a year in prison for failing to pay more than $2 million in income taxes.
Thorpe’s attorney, Mark Horwitz, said Friday that Thorpe must turn himself in to authorities by April 1. The golfer also was sentenced to two years of supervised release and 200 hours of community service. He must try to repay the taxes while he’s on supervised release.
In September, Thorpe pleaded guilty to two counts of failing to pay income taxes and had faced up to two years in prison.
Thorpe has accepted his punishment and says he will get on with his life. A good idea. I always liked Thorpe, one of the few black golfers to win on the PGA Tour. Thorpe won three tournaments in the 1980′s and contended in a couple of major championships.
- Champions Tour player Jim Thorpe faces tax evasion charges
- NY Giant WR Plaxico Burress pleads guilty to felony charge
- Michael Vick Sentenced to 23 Months in Prison
- NFL WR Donte Stallworth to serve 30 days for DUI Manslaughter
- Former NFL RB Travis Henry will go to prison for cocaine distribution
- Nashville Predators owner gets more than 8 years in prison
- Al Capone, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds
- Maurice Clarett Sentenced to 3-1/2 Years in Jail
- Helio Castroneves found not guilty of tax evasion
- Rick Tocchet pleads guilty in gambling case
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed