The cause of death is unknown at this time. Very tragic and RIP.
Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams died Sunday morning after he was taken to a Greenwood, S.C., emergency room, the county coroner said.
Greenwood County Coroner James T. Coursey said Adams was taken to the emergency room at Self Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. ET Sunday morning.
Adams, 26, listed at 6-foot-5 and 256 pounds, played in college at Clemson and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft. He was traded to the Bears in October.
In 47 games over four seasons with the Bucs and Bears, Adams had 67 tackles, including 13.5 sacks.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade DE Gaines Adams to Chicago
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #4 – Tampa Bay Buccaners – DE Gaines Adams
- Former NFL DT Norman Hand dead at 37
- Jake Plummer to Retire Rather than Go to Bucs
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers release QB Brian Griese
- Eastern Illinois Asst. Coach Jeff Hoover dead at 41
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers fire Coach Jon Gruden
- Freeman to the rescue- Tampa Bay beats Green Bay 38-28
- Jevon Kearse Out for Season with Knee Injury
- Former NFL Lineman Thomas McHale dead at 45
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed