Were they the last professional athletes to be arrested in 2009? From AP-
Detroit Tigers catcher Gerald Laird and his younger brother, New York Yankees infield prospect Brandon Laird, were arrested following a brawl in the lounge area of Phoenix’s NBA arena, according to police.
Phoenix police said Gerald Laird, 30, was cited for assault Wednesday night and 22-year-old Brandon Laird was cited for disorderly conduct. Police said the Lairds and a third man were arrested at U.S. Airways Center after the fight during the Phoenix Suns-Boston Celtics game.
Police said arena security previously contacted the group of men about their loud behavior. Two of the men were allowed back into the lounge after a conversation with security, but a melee broke out shortly afterward and the Laird brothers allegedly assaulted the security guards.
Brandon Laird is a infield prospect in the New York Yankees farm system.
- NBA investigating security breach in Dallas-Portland game
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- Davis Cup match to be played in empty arena
- NJ Nets Sean Williams arrested for trespassing
- Pitcher Shawn Chacon arrested on gambling debt related charges
- Roethlisberger Fined for Motorcycling Without a License
- Pittsburgh Steeler PK Jeff Reed cited for public intoxication
- Up in the air- Spectator removed from rafters at Detroit Red Wing game
- Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch arrested on gun charge
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed