He last played in a Oilers game on November 16th. From AP-
Edmonton Oilers goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin will have surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back and is expected to be out 12 weeks.
The team said Wednesday that he’ll have the operation Thursday in Los Angeles.
The Oilers didn’t provide a timeline for his return, saying only that he’s “out indefinitely,” but Khabibulin’s agent, Jay Grossman, said the goalie will need 12 weeks to recover from surgery.
That leaves him a narrow window to try and return during the regular season.
I’d be greatly surprised if Khabibulin plays again in the 2009-10 NHL season. The Oilers at this moment are well entrenched in the Western Conference’s cellar and have the 2nd worst record in the whole league. Edmonton will not be making the playoffs, so it would be wiser to rest the player nicknamed ‘The Bulin wall’ till the 2010-11 season begins.
- Edmonton Oilers Goalie Nikolai Khabibulin sentenced to 30 days in jail
- Running on fumes- Chicago beats Edmonton 4-2
- Edmonton Oilers Shawn Horcoff out for rest of the season
- Edmonton Oilers fire coach Craig MacTavish
- Chicago Blackhawks waive goalie Nikolai Khabibulin
- Nikolai Khabibulin notches his 300th career win
- Edmonton Oiler Ales Hemsky out for the season
- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo’s status remains in question
- Banging my head against the wall- Florida blows 3-1 lead and loses to Edmonton
- NHL History Made
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed