Where do I start? I have many memories of Brookshier. He and Pat Summerall were the lead football announcers for CBS for around a decade. They appeared in the action movie, Black Sunday, as themselves. Brookshier and Summerall also did syndicated NFL highlight shows(In those pre ESPN days) like ‘Game of the Week’ and ‘This week in pro football’. I watched shows every week almost when growing up. It is very hard for me to forget who I thought did a great job describing NFL play. RIP.
Former Philadelphia Eagles star Tom Brookshier has died at 78.
The Eagles said he had cancer and died Friday night.
Brookshier was an All-Pro defensive back who played on the Eagles’ 1960 championship team. He had 20 interceptions in seven seasons with the team, earning All-Pro honors in 1959 and 1960.
After he retired, Brookshier announced NFL games for CBS. He teamed with Pat Summerall to form CBS’ top telecast team.
He is one of seven Eagles to have his number retired.
- HBO Drops inside the NFL
- Boston College LB Mark Herzlich diagnosed with cancer
- Former NFL Defensive Back Tom Janik dead at 69
- Iowa and Washington State Football Coach Forest Evashevski dead at 91
- Former Notre Dame and NFL football player Jack Zilly dead at 88
- Former AFL and NFL Quarterback Jack Kemp dead at 73
- Philadelphia Eagles Def. Coordinator Jim Johnson has cancer
- Former NFL Punter Tom Whittum dead at age 60
- LPGA player Erica Blasberg dead at 25
- Jim Clack, Former Steelers and Giants Lineman, Dies at 58
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed