The victory earns her a spot in the Tournament of Champions. From AP-
Kelly Kulick of Union, N.J., became the first woman to win a PBA Tour title on Sunday when she defeated Chris Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, to win the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas.
She beat No. 3 qualifier Mika Koivuniemi of Hartland, Mich., to advance to the final, where she beat Barnes, the 2007-08 PBA player of the year, 265-195.
Kulick earned a berth in the Tournament of Champions by winning the PBA Women’s World Championship, the first PBA women’s major tournament. The Tournament of Champions is one of the PBA Tour’s four major tournaments.
I used to follow bowling when it was broadcast on ABC on Saturday afternoons. Earl Anthony, Norm Duke, Mike Durbin are a few of the names I remember. Who was bowler who wore the loud slacks?
It puzzles me that no woman bowled on the PBA tour prior to Kulick. A lack of interest in the sport by women is probably the cause though I remember my junior bowling league days having large amounts of girls taking part in the sport.
- Bettis to Hall of Fame
- HSBC Champions in China elevated to World Golf Championship event
- ESPN to televise all four rounds of Women’s British Open starting in 2010
- Former PGA Tour winner Buddy Allin dead at 62
- US Women’s Golf Open goes to 3-hole playoff
- CBS leaves the LPGA Ginn Club Open for a suspended play PGA Tour event
- LPGA Tour Founder and AP female athlete of the year winner Patty Berg dead at 88
- Candace Parker First Woman to Dunk in NCAA Tourney
- Tour event in Atlanta discontinued due to lack of sponsor
- LPGA Founder Betty Jameson Dead at 89
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed