A new tournament in 2010. From Randall Mell at the Shag Bag-
The LPGA announced Tuesday the debut of the Sybase Match Play Championship. The tournament will be held at Hamilton Farm Golf Club in Galdstone, N.J., May 20-23.
Sixty-four of the top players from around the world will compete for a $1.5 million purse, with the winner earning $375,000.
Hamilton Farm was the site of the 2005 and 2006 HSBC Women’s World Match Play event. This will be the first official match-play tournament contested since its demise after the 2007 season.
Seon Hwa Lee defeated Ai Miyazato in the finals of the last edition. The LPGA continues to get healthier under its new Commissioner, Michael Whan.
- Tiger Woods doesn’t enter WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship
- Michael Whan named next LPGA Tour commissioner
- HSBC Champions in China elevated to World Golf Championship event
- The HSBC Matchplay
- Sun Young Yoo wins the Sybase Match Play Championship
- For all the tea- LPGA China event canceled for 2009
- Samsung ends LPGA Tournament sponsorship
- LPGA Tour announces new tournament in Malaysia
- LPGA Commissioner Carolyn Bivens has to go
- Stick a fork in it- The LPGA’s Ginn Tribute is dead
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed