He pitched for the Minnesota Twins and Florida Marlins last season and is currently under contract to the Los Angeles Dodgers. From AP-
Relief pitcher Luis Ayala was unharmed during an apparent attempted kidnapping by gunmen at his home in the northern Mexico state of Sinaloa.
Martin Robles, a spokesman for the state prosecutors’ office, said investigators believed Ayala was the intended victim, whom police prevented from being abducted.
Robles said gunmen in three vehicles forced their way into Ayala’s home near the city of Los Mochis on Monday by shooting open the door.
Police arrived at the scene after receiving a call to an emergency number, and soldiers dispatched to the scene apparently scared off the assailants.
Ayala’s family was unhurt but police found him in handcuffs when they arrived.
With the drug related violent crime rampant there at the moment, Mexico might be the last country in this hemisphere I’d want to visit.
- Forrest Gump goes to the Univ. of Miami
- Mexican Golf Open postponed due to Swine flu fears
- 1984 Olympic Bronze medalist shot putter Dave Laut dead at 52
- Police cite Steelers kicker Jeff Reed for towel tantrum
- Corinne Rey-Bellet, Swiss Sking Star, Murdered
- Shaquille O’Neal chases down hit and run driver
- Pacers’ Jackson fires gun at strip club
- Logan Young, Key Figure in Alabama Scandal, Murdered
- NM State fires head football coach Hal Mumme
- New Mexico Coach Mike Locksley reprimanded for fight with assistant
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed