He was also released by the New Jersey Nets today. From AP-
Former NBA and Memphis player Shawne Williams has been indicted on felony drug charges.
Prosecutors said Friday that Williams was indicted Tuesday by a county grand jury on eight counts for possession and conspiracy to sell a codeine-based syrup.
Williams was jailed with bond set at $16,000. It was not immediately known if he had a lawyer.
Earlier Friday, the New Jersey Nets said they had waived Williams, a 23-year-old forward, after acquiring him earlier this week from Dallas along with Kris Humphries for veteran forward Eduardo Najera.
Man, it sure isn’t Shawne Williams week. He got arrested for a felony and released by the worst team in the NBA this year.
Williams, a former first round pick of the Indiana Pacers, hasn’t played in a NBA game this season. Lets hope he pulls his life together.
- NJ Nets Sean Williams arrested for trespassing
- Don’t just stand there- NJ Nets fire coach Lawrence Frank
- 0-18- Dallas beats New Jersey 117-101
- New Jersey Nets newest fan promotion- free tax preparation
- One at a time- Washington defeats New Jersey 81-79
- Finally- NJ Nets beat Charlotte 97-91
- Ticking clock- Miami beats New Jersey 99-89
- Things are looking up? Cleveland beats New Jersey 94-86
- New Jersey’s Jason Kidd wants a trade
- Battle of the worst- Minnesota beats New Jersey 103-99
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed