Sixteen years ago(1994) the Florida Panthers made him the first overall pick of the NHL Draft. From AP-
Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Ed Jovanovski has been suspended two games by the NHL for an elbow hit to the head of New York Islanders rookie John Tavares.
The suspension, announced Monday, is Jovanovski’s second of the season. He was also penalized two games on Dec. 9.
Jovanovski hit Tavares with 17 seconds left in the first period of the Coyotes’ 5-4 shootout loss on Saturday night, and was assessed a major for elbowing and a game misconduct.
Here’s the video.
No question in my mind about the hit being intentional. Hits to the head can be dangerous, and that’s why players like Jovanovski are suspended for them. He deserves the penalty handed down to him for his hit on John Tavares.
- NHL suspends Michael Peca for bumping ref
- NHL suspends Washington Defensemen Mike Green suspended for 3 games
- NHL suspends Carolina Hurricane Tuomo Ruutu for 3 games
- NHL Approves Rule Changes for 2007-2008 Season
- Alex Ovechkin ejected for hit on Brian Campbell
- Alex Ovechkin suspended two games for Campbell hit
- Los Angeles King Winger Justin Williams suffers a broken leg
- Toronto’s Nik Antropov suspended 3 games for throwing stick
- NHL hands Steve Ott three-game suspension for hit to Jordan Leopold
- Vancouver Canuck Alexandre Burrows says referee deliberately targeted him
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed