The Trailblazers have been so beset with injuries this year that team owners may begin investing in hospitals. From AP-
Trail Blazers guard Steve Blake has been hospitalized with pneumonia.
Portland says Blake is expected to remain in the hospital for several days. He is averaging 7.6 points, 2.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists this season.
Portland forward LaMarcus Aldridge has a sprained left ankle and is expected to miss Saturday’s game against Golden State.
The Blazers have been beset by injuries this season and have received two hardship roster exemptions from the league.
All joking aside, a case of pneumonia can be very serious business. It was for me in 2008, when I came down with it while recovering from open heart surgery. Get well Steve Blake.
- Eight is Enough- Portland beats Golden State 105-89
- Portland Center Joel Przybilla out for the season
- Never a calm moment- Portland defeats Los Angeles 107-98
- Portland’s Greg Oden suffers year ending knee fracture
- Penn State’s Rene Portland resigns
- Golden State Warriors suspend Stephen Jackson for 2 games
- Utah basketball coach suspends player for intentional foul
- Miami Heat plays Golden State with just 7 players
- Out of luck- Northwestern beats Iowa 17-10
- Rob Blake’s Return to Los Angeles
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed