The super fight was tentatively scheduled for March 13th. From AP-
Manny Pacquiao’s promoters said his prospective bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. was dead late Wednesday night after a mediation session failed to resolve the fighters’ differences, scrapping what was likely to be the richest fight in boxing history.
The bout was slated for March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, but Top Rank said it couldn’t reach an agreement with Golden Boy Promotions, which represented Mayweather in the negotiations, after nine hours of mediation Tuesday and more discussions Wednesday.
Although neither side was allowed to publicly discuss the specifics of their dispute, Mayweather apparently balked at a compromise in the drug-testing issues first raised by the former welterweight champion.
Pacquiao is now suing Mayweather for defamation. Honestly, I think this is really all hype to promote the fight. It’s been done before, create a ‘controversy’ in the days leading up to an event. This so the event or product is constantly in the news. IMHO, the word of boxing promoters can be relied on about as much as political campaign promises.
- Coming to a theater near you- Mayweather-Marquez fight to be shown in cinemas
- Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao wins welterweight super-fight
- Manny Pacquiao retains Super Featherweight title
- Manny Pacquiao wins unanimous decision over Joshua Clottey
- Manny Pacquiao drops Ricky Hatton in 2nd round
- Former Heavyweight Boxing Champion Greg Page dead at age 50
- South Korean boxer Choi Yoi-sam in coma after bout
- Former middleweight champ Joey Giardello dead at age 78
- Former Gold medalist James DeGale wins pro debut
- Japan boxing authority suspends Daiki Kameda
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed