Sir, can I see your ticket? From AP-
An unidentified man was taken down from a conduit above a catwalk during a Detroit Red Wings game on Saturday night.
Almost an entire section of stands in the lower bowl was cleared out when the man was noticed during the second period of the Red Wings’ 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena.
After he was removed from the area, fans were allowed to return to their seats.
“We didn’t know what was going on until somebody pointed it out,” Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom said.
Photographers have remote cameras stationed on the catwalk, but no one is usually there during games.
“He got in through one of the storage cages and came out through one of the cable traps used for show cables,” arena audio engineer Ricky Gopigian said.
Why didn’t they evacuate the stadium? It is routine for airports to be emptied if someone breeches security. One guy with a bomb in the rafters could literally bring down the roof.
I don’t know if I’m being serious or not in the above criticism. On the surface, it does sound inconsistent.
- Did Oakland Raiders Coach Tom Cable punch one of his assistants?
- Versus, Golf Channel Reach Deal With Charter Cable
- Detroit Red Wing Johan Franzen out with torn ACL
- Monday Night Football on ESPN Sucks
- NFL Fighting Cable Companies Over NFL Network
- Braves Games Not on TBS Any More
- The dangers of watching Montreal Canadiens hockey
- Detroit, New Jersey Win 1st Round Series; Dallas-Vancouver Game 7 Tonight
- The Story behind Nick Saban’s Cajun Comments
- They’re back- Detroit beats Colorado 3-2
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed