The lamest excuse for a baseball injury so far in 2010. From AP-
The Baltimore Orioles have instituted a new policy regarding commercial shoots after right-hander Brad Bergesen hurt his shoulder filming a promotional spot in December.
Bergesen strained his right shoulder while performing in a commercial promoting Baltimore’s 2010 season. He will see limited action for a week to 10 days after the Orioles pitchers and catchers begin workouts Thursday.
Bergesen had his rookie season cut short last year after being hit in the shin by a line drive on July 30. The right-hander had not thrown off a mound from August until the commercial shoot, and he hurt himself by throwing too hard.
Bergesen is expected to be ready before the start of this season. What happened to this pitcher reminds me of how Jose Canseco suffered a shoulder injury from pitching one inning in a losing Oakland A game. Pitching arms can get injured very easily at times.
- Florida Marlins’ Anibal Sanchez likely to be out for two months
- Florida Marlins pitcher Anibal Sanchez has season-ending surgery
- Mike Hampton on DL Yet Again
- Edmonton Oiler Ales Hemsky out for the season
- The return of Maria Sharapova
- Oriole’s Benson Tears Rotator Cuff
- Terry Glenn Knee Injury Serious, Could Miss Season
- Tampa Bay Ray Matt Garza no-hits Detroit
- Miami Dolphins acquire QB Tyler Thigpen from Kansas City
- LA Dodger pitcher Chad Billingsley breaks leg at home
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed